Firearm Industry Embraces Real Solutions Over Biden’s Gun Control Calls
By: The National Shooting Sports Foundation
“President Joe Biden’s demand for his gun control agenda does not work to achieve the common American goal of reducing the criminal abuse of firearms.” IMG: iStock-496689884
USA – (AmmoLand.com) – The anniversary of the tragic and senseless murders in Parkland, Florida three years ago reminds us why the firearms industry is involved Real solutions. Safer communities. The loss of innocent lives due to the unthinkable acts of a criminal cannot be explained, but it deserves our efforts to prevent them from occurring again.
President Joe Biden’s call for his gun control agenda is not aimed at achieving the common American goal of reducing the criminal abuse of firearms. His call for Congress to ban the modern sporting rifle (MSR), which it knowingly incorrectly refers to as “assault rifle” and “weapon of war”, denies that more murders are committed with knives, fists and clubs than all rifles combined. There are over 20 million MSR in circulation today, used for legitimate purposes every day.
President Biden’s call to repeal the Legal Arms Trade Protection Act (PLCAA), a law passed with broad support from both parties, is having a negative impact on his party’s radical base. Rolling back would be akin to allowing activist activists to sue Ford over the deaths caused by drunk drivers.
The criminal responsible for the horrors in Parkland and the nation must be held accountable for his crimes. Everything else is a whitewash of the failure of local, state and federal agencies to respond to any of the 45 warnings, tips and police responses before his latest horrific crimes.
The firearms industry was ready to do this hard work. It didn’t wait. The firearms industry offers real solutions including partnerships with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and local law enforcement agencies including:
- Partnered with 15,000 law enforcement agencies to distribute 40 million firearm safety kits, including locks, for the safe storage of firearms through Project ChildSafe.
- Corrected the FBI’s background check system by changing the law in 16 states and in Congress to improve reporting on disqualification of mental health records, increasing 266 percent.
- Partnering with the ATF to prevent and warn illegal purchases of firearm straw is a crime punishable by 10 years in prison and a fine of $ 250,000.
- Improving the security of arms dealers with ATF to deter criminals from stealing firearms.
- The matching ATF reward offers up to $ 5,000 to bring criminals to justice who steal firearms.
- Firearm Suicide Prevention with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The firearms industry is committed to the common goal of reducing and ending the criminal misuse of firearms, as well as accidents and suicides. That is the commonality. These are the tried and tested answers to help you achieve this goal.
Click here to learn more about it Real solutions.
Via the National Shooting Sports Foundation
NSSF is the trade association for the firearms industry. Their mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and shooting sports. NSSF was founded in 1961 and has thousands of manufacturers, dealers, arms dealers, shooting ranges, sports organizations and publishers nationwide. For more information, see nssf.org