Research and Markets – Global Small Arms Light Weapons (SALW) Market 2014-2017 & 2024: Key Companies are Raytheon, Berette S.p.A., GLOCK Ges m.b.H., and FN Herstal
DUBLIN, April 20, 2017 / PRNewswire / –
Research and Markets has added the inclusion of the Small Arms Light Weapons (SALW) market analysis by Type (Small Arms, Light Weapons), by Application (Military, Law Enforcement), by Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest) of the World ) and Segment Forecasts, 2014 – 2024 “report on their offer.
The global light weapons market for small arms is expected to be reached $ 25.76 billion until 2024
Increasing human rights and security issues are expected to fuel demand. The increasing impact of urban warfare as well as increasing terrorist attacks have also led to the development of light weapons for small arms in various regions. An increase in urban warfare along with increased terrorist activity is expected to drive market growth. The development of light weapons to further improve the defense system is an ongoing trend in industrialized countries.
Growing criminal activity and human rights violations have led to increased efforts to advance technology and modernize the weapons used by law enforcement agencies. The Combat Development and Integration Command’s Marines Fire and Maneuver Integration Department introduced the Small Arms Modernization Strategy, which is expected to focus on updating and developing the current weapons in short-term and futuristic systems that the fleet will use in the 2020s could meet.
The governments of different countries also invest their resources in the development of sophisticated weapon accessories such as night vision devices, laser range finders, sights, aiming lasers and fire control systems. Heavy investments in defense research and development (R&D) for shoulder-wired weapons to develop an extremely robust, reliable and long-lasting weapon system have also catapulted the demand for light weapons for military applications. The limited defense budget to encourage the development of the defense system is likely to hamper market growth.
Other key findings from the study suggest:
- In 2015, the light weapons market accounted for over 60% of the total market share and is also expected to grow significantly over the forecast period. Implementing police and armed forces modernization programs should drive growth.
- For rifles in the small arms segment, significant growth with a CAGR of over 20% is expected in the forecast period. The growing interest of the civilian population in shooting sports is likely to be the reason for the growth.
- Grenades and grenade launchers are expected to see tremendous growth in the light weapons segment due to the increasing stress between countries and the increasing development of grenade launchers
- The military applications segment is expected to see significant growth and is expected to exceed it $ 13.0 billion The widespread geographic presence of terrorism and human rights abuses had led to increased demand for light weapons. The increasing violations of civilian rights and law enforcement regulations has also fueled their growth.
- The Asia-Pacific SALW market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 25% over the forecast period. Increasing technological and economic developments in emerging countries such as China and India with their cross-border disputes has contributed to the growth.
- Notable companies operating in the SALW market are Raytheon, Berette SpA, GLOCK Ges mbH and FN Herstal SA
Main topics covered:
1 Methodology and Scope
3 market snapshot
3.1 SALW – market snapshot and important purchase criteria, 2014-2024
4 SALW industry outlook
4.1 Market segmentation
4.2 SALW market size and growth prospects
4.3 Analysis of the SALW value chain
4.4 SALW market dynamics
4.4.1 Market driver analysis
188.8.131.52 Modernization of the police
184.108.40.206 Increase in urban warfare
4.4.2 Analysis of market reluctance
220.127.116.11 Effects of the weapons legislation
4.5 Prioritize important opportunities
4.6 Industry analysis – Porter
4.7 Analysis of the market share of SALW companies, 2014
4.8 SALW-PESTEL analysis
5 SALW Type Outlook
5.1 SALW market share by type, 2015 & 2024
5.2 Small arms
5.2.5 Portable machine guns
5.3 Light weapons
5.3.1 Land mine
5.3.3 Grenades and grenade launchers
5.3.4 Missiles and rocket launchers
5.3.5 Rocket Grenades (RPG)
5.3.6 Anti-tank weapons
5.3.7 Anti-aircraft weapons
6 SALW Application Outlook
6.1 SALW market share by application, 2015 & 2024
6.1.2 Law Enforcement
7 SALW Regional Outlook
8 competitive landscape
- General Dynamics Corporation
- FN Herstal SA
- Sturm, Ruger & Co.
- SIG Sauer GmbH
- Colts Manufacturing Co. LLC
- Carl Walther GmbH
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Glock Gesm.bH
- Browning Arms Company
- Beretta SpA
- Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation
- Kalashnikov concern
For more information on this report, please visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2d4btt/small_arms_light
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior manager
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For Toll Free US / CAN, call + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE RESEARCH and Markets