Second murder suspect denies involvement in Decatur drive-by shooting | Top stories

DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) – A second murder suspect pleaded not guilty to a fatal drive-by shootout in Decatur.

Several suspects were arrested after the September 19th shootout claimed the life of Demeshionna S. Miller-Fonville, 17, who died at Memorial Medical Center in Springfield. A 17-year-old man suffered life-threatening wounds and the family told WAND News in September that the person’s condition had improved.

Sworn affidavits state that 20-year-old Quantarius S. Beasley, 20-year-old Dreylynn M. O’Neal, and 22-year-old Bryan C. McGee were picked up on the day of the shooting by Celeste S. Bowman, who went with one 16 year old minors to block 300 on E. Stuart St. before picking up the men. After driving around several locations, the group went to East Walnut Street, where authorities said the passenger-side window was rolled down and shots had been fired from the window.

About an hour later, authorities said that Beasley, O’Neal, and McGee were on the 400 block of E. Stuart St.

On an affidavit, a suspect said that passengers in the back seat of the police asked the driver to “go down Leafland” to look for houses connected to the East Side Gang. When no one was on Leafland, they went to Walnut, where a suspect said he saw McGee hanging out the driver’s back side window while he was shooting at a vehicle on the road. The suspect said he believed O’Neal also fired shots and it was observed that he owned a black semi-automatic pistol prior to the shooting.

O’Neal, as the authorities announced to a known member of the Jumpout Gang in Decatur, denied involvement in the shootings on Wednesday. He faces several murder charges. The preliminary trial against him was scheduled for January 6, 2022.

On November 3, Beasley, who has also been charged with multiple murder, pleaded not guilty. His pre-trial hearing was scheduled for the same date as O’Neal.

Beasley was initially arrested on a warrant for murder, but charges against her were dropped.

Records show that McGee continued to be wanted in November and should be viewed as armed and dangerous.

Comments are closed.