Shooting Illustrated | First Look: Browning McMillan Pro & Long Range Rifles
Browning introduces the McMillan Pro and McMillan Pro Long Range, two new X-Bolt rifles designed specifically for hunters and long-range shooters. These new rifles are aimed at shooters who demand more from their equipment and know the difference that quality components make when it comes time to fire a critical shot.
The basis for both rifles is the extraordinary McMillan Game Scout stock made of carbon fiber. This stock features a medium-sized front end, straight comb, and a convenient vertical pistol grip with a thumb rest. Aluminum pillars ensure a stable, solid mount, and the versatile Sonoran Carbon Ambush camouflage protects against sharp eyes.
The Pro contains a Porter contour barrel and the Pro Long Range is equipped with a 26-inch heavy athlete contour barrel with a 5 / 8×24 thread. Both rifles include the innovative new Browning Recoil Hawg muzzle brake, which greatly reduces the recoil of the felt, and a thread guard if you want to attach a suppressor or other muzzle device. A permanent Cerakote Carbon Gray finish is applied to the barrel action of both rifles, and a Picatinny bipod on the front end is also included.
- McMillan Game Scout carbon fiber shaft with Sonoran Carbon Ambush finish
- Cerakote Carbon Gray Finish on Barrel Action
- Pro: Skip fluted athlete’s contour run is threaded and included
- Pro Long Range: The fluted 26-inch Porter contour barrel with thread has a thread of 5 / 8×24
- New Recoil Hawg muzzle brake and thread protector included
- Spiral fluted bolt and fluted bolt button
- 20 MOA Picatinny optical rail with integrated spirit level
- Picatinny accessory rail
- QD (Quick Detach) sling attachments
The MSRP for the McMillan Pro Rifle varies between $ 2599.99 and $ 2669.99, and the MSRP for the McMillan Pro Long Range varies between $ 2,629.99 and $ 2,699.99. For more information on Browning products, please visit browning.com.